Tuesday, May 25, 2010

We've Got The Blues

Wonderfully Delicious Blues.
This year a friend of ours hired the girls to pick their
Blueberry field of about 1 and 1/2 acres, thus allowing us to
have an abundance of Blueberrys in our freezers:)
A truly abundant harvest.
After hours of scorching heat,
you just never know what you might find these girls doing.
(I've heard stories ;)

Ariana is busy with her camera, again!!

Well, looky here :)
The Packing House

"It's been another good day with the Blues,
and it'll be a great (cool) ride home!"
(Thank you to the Tews for all the Blues.)
:)
---------------------------------------------
This is what's happening in the next field, over.
Baling and loading "Oat Hay".
Gabriel's thought: "Now, tell me why we didn't "round bale" this again!"

As work goes on, the Lord is preparing food for His children.
(Plenty of Turkey.)
Quote of the Day:
People who expect the worst,
usually find it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, blueberries........ I can't wait! We didn't pick enough last year - have been out for a couple of months! So, I've set big goals for blueberries, strawberries, and cherries this year! Eat 1 or 2 or 25 for me!

Pam from Antioch

The Dischers said...

Oh! Now I really do have the blues! I'm missing those "Mother's Day Blueberries!" We picked blueberries on Mother's Day so many times! I'm sure we'll find a source up here eventually!

So glad ya'll have that wonderful arrangement! Hurrah!

Love,
Beth

Liv said...

Yum, yum! Yeah, the sun sure does get to ya'! especially when it RAINS first and then the sun comes out. It's like a slow boil....((laughing)) I know the sun definitely got to me that day....=)

Love the pictures...

Liv

Rose said...

Oooo!!! I can't wait for blueberry season! The "blues" are great!!! yummy!

I love the picture of Chrisch, with her bucket tied around her!! And the pic of Liv with C stickin' her head out from behind a bush... to funny!

Great pics Airs!!

Love ~ Agee

The Miller Family said...

Oh boy, I sure do miss all those Florida strawberries and blueberries! Hope y'all enjoy them!

Love,
Mrs. Miller

Anonymous said...

The quote of the day is so so true!

-Me-

The Brockett Bunch said...

MMMMMM! Those blueberries look delicous and I can't wait until ours are ready for the pickin.=)
Our weather sure has been hot too,either in the high 80s or low 90s,today it was 88 deg. but I am thankin the Lord for it.
Only 38 more days until we can enjoy the hot days together!!!
Hillary