Monday, May 17, 2010

The Struggle

As we are going about our day,

doing the tasks at hand,

we hear a scream!!


It sounds like the scream of a cat,

but not exactly.

This supposed "cat" scream is a little off tune you might say.


As "The Momma" investigates where this is coming from,

she finds NOTHING!!

We continue hearing this life threatening "cat" scream for some time.


After checking twice more,

still NOTHING!!


Until at last, after 45 minutes of this "Noise",

"The Momma" opens the door,

and instead of looking down, she looks up

and finds this...................




About 12 inches from my head!!!!
(Good thing I'm not afraid of snakes (or frogs), but it's not what I want right in my face!!)
The frog has blown himself up,

as not to be swallowed by this long, slimy creature.

After 4 hours of struggle and "frog" screams,

the frog wins, but not without a long fight.

This was our science project for the day. :)

(For some strange reason I thought others might be interested in this.) ;)


And to leave you with a more pleasant picture,

this is Hershey, the new member of the Farm.

Quote of the Day:

You're not a failure if you fall down,

but you are if you stay down.
(A note from James): Thank you to everybody for writing Happy Birthday to me.
I love y'all very, very much.

7 comments:

juli said...

That is so cool! I think I'll come down there for my science projects from now on! ;)
Btw-your new family member is pretty cute. :):)

Unknown said...

Oh boy...better above YOUR head than mine! That's disgusting!!!

Rose said...

Hey, that was a pretty snake! Poor froggy though... :-/ Oh well. Welcome to Florida =)

Hey hey, y'all got dog aye?? To much Sorta influence I guess.

Love y'all, miss y'all almost as much! Lookin forward to seeing ya again!!

Rose

Anonymous said...

um...wow...
I love the quote of the day!
And I absolutely LOVE the new member of the family!

Kitty said...

Wow! We had that once, except ours was a huge green frog. :) It's amazing how they do that!!! God is very creative. :) :)

I love Hershey! What breed? How old? :) (Hehehe. Can you tell I've been looking online too much for dogs the last couple weeks?? :-P) I'm so glad yall finally got another dog. I always thought that was something the farm (and family!) was missing. :) Enjoy!!! :-D

Miss yall!!! Keep those posts coming! :) :)

Love,
~Kitty~

R said...

Very interesting, in a disgusting sort of way! I'll definitely have to let Benny, Andrew and joey see these pictures. They'll think it's great!

Love the puppy, Especially his name!

Love,
Katie

Pollock Family said...

Kitty,
I'm sorry to hear about Friday :(
That's the sad part of having a dog, isn't it?
Hershey is 2 years old and she's a lab/pit bull mix. She's a fantastic watch dog and so loveable and protective of anyone in the family. Perfect for us!! I think she'll be a keeper :)

Have fun in Missouri without us.