Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cake

(Here's the promised "cake post".)
Liv had the pleasure of making her cousin Sommer's
"Sweet 16" cake.
It was one of the funnest cakes she's ever made.
The order is:
Purple and Black three tiered cake
No fondant
Sprinkled with silver
With a scroll design
Let's get started.
Test Run on the table :)
Doing the top layer first.
Scrollin, scrollin, scrollin,

Look close and you'll see the hidden "16's" in the scroll.
(A surprise for the birthday girl.)
Black on black

Liv's lil' helper.
Brushing on the Pearl Dusting.
Black on White :)
(Not exactly Liv's lil' helper, but........he's havin fun.)

Ready to put them all together
and pray they stay that way!!
The finished product.
(Sorry we don't have a better picture.)
:)
:)
:)
:)
;)
;)
;}
Well looky here what we found:)

Now for the hardest part of the whole process.
(Lots of praying, Liv's not exactly the "gentle" driver.)
I CAN BREATHE!!!!!
(The cake has been delivered and it's still in one piece.)
Mission Accomplished
Thanks Sommer for asking me to make your special "Sweet 16" cake.
I had a blast :)

13 comments:

Rose said...

Wow!!!!! What an AmAzInG cake, Liv!!!
It looks so yummy! Can I get an order for a cake!?! =)

Love, ~ Agee

The Brockett Bunch said...

Are you kidding me?! Did you really do that perfessional lookin cake? Thabeh wants you to save her a slice and bring it with you when y'all come up to our place. Mom wants to put an order in: white cake with lavendar accents and raspberry/lemon filing, 20 tier with lilacs blooming out of the top!
Adama wants double fudge and triple chocolate. Don't ask what Amadu wants =)
My order is that you let me eat that one.
Nice cake! *Hillary*

The Huron Family said...

Olivia...that cake is astonishing!!
You did a wonderful job. Ben said he noticed a pic of the cake on your slide-show on the blog, and he was certain you could make a living as a baker/cake decorator!=)...really, he kept saying, "Liv, have you seen the cake Olivia did? It's amazing."

I agree...it's amazing =D

Your-a-doodle Liv....=)

Livy

Workmans said...

Wow! Great job!!!

Valerie

Anita said...

Beautiful Dahling! More than beautiful...it's, well...it's...stunning! I wish I was turning 16! =)

Unknown said...

Wow! What a gorgeous cake!!! Great job...better than I would have ever done. You are one brave girl!

The Miller Family said...

Absolutely breathtaking!!! I think the purple/black color scheme must have been very challenging, but you did an amazing job!

Love,
Mrs. Miller

Anonymous said...

That was an awesome cake. sommer loved it! And it tasted delicious.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, it's fantastic!

Pam Tiede

Kitty said...

Wowzers, Liv!! That is terrific! Magnificent! Stunning and Amazing too! I've seen a lot of your creations, but I think that one took the prize as the most complex with the best turnout!!! It's still not my favorite, but it is wonderful!!

<3

:)


Love,
~Kitty~

The Dischers said...

It's so beautiful to see you using your wonderful creativity to bless others. I know we have been blessed in the past!

Ana said...

Olivia, two people took the very word I wanted....but I'm going to use it anyway....STUNNING! You are amazing...well, God in you is amazing, right?
Love you!
Mrs. Huron

Liv said...

Thanks for all the nice comments. I'm truly blessed:)
Mrs. brockett...about that "20 tier" cake...well don't know if I'll be able to fill that order:)...If I did it would turn out to look like the leaning tower of Pisa with flowers growing out the top of it;)
And Mrs. Huron...God IS AMAZING!!! were would we be without him.

Liv:)

who spent about the same amount of time cleaning up my big mess, as it took me to make the cake:) And if I ever do it again I'm hiring a dishwasher!