Saturday, February 6, 2010

As Polar Bears Roam in Africa

James practicing his "sharp shooting" skills...
with his buddies.

------------------------

End of The Road Spa

Aunt Mary has a special ladies spa night for Ariana's birthday.

We start the evening with a wonderfully delicious meal,
with candelight, of course!! Next, we have special HOT wax treatment for the hands.

It's like putting a whole bottle of (real hot) Elmers glue on your hands....

and then peeling it off.
(This is the fun part.)
Now for the torture part.
(Actually, it depends on who is doing the treatment on you.)
See what I mean???

I think she's enjoying this,
until it's her turn :)
(The only time we get this done is if Aunt Mary and Granny come to the rescue.)
Momma is enjoying her "gentle" pampering.

PURE LOVEI think we should paint the house!!!
Gifts from Aunt Mary, Just Cause.
(She's been giving them "Just Cause" gifts since they were born.)
These are to protect their clean, polished feet!!
(They prefer to walk barefoot in the dirt.)
The finished product.
(Guess whose is whose and which ones are lacking color.)
----------------------------
Finishing the Shop
HI, HO, HI, HO, it's off to work we go.
(And they mean business.)

Gabriel's "shocked" face.
Jon's ............... face.
We hired Delbert to draw us up some plans.
(The smoke from his cigar was suffucating us, but he was a good worker.)
Heave HO!!
(We had these cut from some logs we got off one of the properties.)

Thanks dad, for being diligent in teaching us so much.
The next building project will hopefully be our house,
in the woods.
---------------------------
Chili Cook-Off 2010

Red ones, white ones, thick ones, too,
We love chili, how bout you??
____________________
Welcome to The Farm
SWEET Chicken eggs.
For Ariana's birthday, the girls decided to bring
the farm inside.
(Sure saves time on mopping:))
This floor's alot softer than tile!!
COZY

If anyone wants to donate, just call
1-800-Ari-Fund
She loved the Party.
Now that the fun's over it's back to the real world.
Ariana's lil helper.
---------------------
Th, th, th, that's all folks.
Posted by: Momma

9 comments:

AuntMary said...

Ariana,
I'm glad to see you are wearing your new boots in the chicken coop!
Love all the pics. the ones with one object clear and the rest a blur are really neat!Keep clicking.

Anita said...

Ooo...love the nail polish!

Wedding fund jar? Who would give such a funny gift?? Well, anyway, I tried calling the given number to send in my pennies but they said, "this number is no longer in service." Did you already get enough money?!

Loved the party!
Anita

Anita said...

P.S.

I love the new office colors, Liv...to quote another, "pictures on the walls, rooms clean..." =)

Unknown said...

Oh my...those pedicure photos brought back memories of my first ever pedicure! I am sooo ticklish and laughed the whole time. My friend who is a beautitian had never done a pedicure for someone like ME before! Looks like it was a great time!!!

Hope it has warmed up there for you guys!

The Brockett Bunch said...

The spa night looked very interesting,didn't the wax hurt your hands? As for the nail polish, I don't like my nails painted so I am glad that it was set for you and not me. Whoever left their feet plain was very smart.=)
Oh my, what an interesting looking mask. Y'all were probably very glad when he left and the room could air out. Delbert must be in his 80s. Looks like you guys have done lots of hard work in the shop, it's coming along nicely. House in the woods? Does this mean Mo?
Ariana's party looked like so much fun, I honestly have never seen anyone put hay in their house all over the floors. It must of been loads and bunches of fun! Looks very creative, y'all are one of a kind! =)
Nice post, I have greatly enjoyed it!!
Hillary

The Brockett Bunch said...

Ariana, what is the wedding fund about? Is someone getting married over there, or is this a secret?
Before I donate I would like to know to whom it is going.
=)

The Miller Family said...

Love, love, love the boots!

(Need, need, need the boots right now because all this snow is melting!)

Love,
Katie

Kitty said...

Love this post!!! :) :) LOTS of pictures! :-D

I love the office, Livy!! :-D (Better than it was before. lol!)

AS for the toe nails.....quite frankly I never thought I'd see that. :) You've yet to see it on me! ;-)

The shop looks GREAT! Wow! :-D

Once again - Happy Birthday, Ari. :) I loved the theme for your party! :-D (Why haven't we thought of that before...?)

And I loved the first two pictures!!! :-D :) :) :)

As always, you had me laughing the whole time and I love the post. :) Hopefully see you soon!! (Like - - BEFORE we leave!!! <8-O )

Love,
~Kitty~

Pollock Family said...

Kitty,
You've yet to see it on Liv, either. She's the one with the "UNpainted" toenails.