Saturday, February 13, 2010

Herein is Love.....


What is "True Love"?

It is God's undeserving love for the sinner.


But God commendeth his love toward us,
in that, while we were yet sinners,
Christ died for us.
(Romans 5:8)


The World's love is selfish and is based upon what we can get
from someone else.
(If someone does not please us or treat us the way we think we should be treated,
then we have no love for that person.)
As the world's love must be earned,
God chose to love us and it is not based on our meriting in any way.

He loved us enough to die for us,
EVEN while we were yet sinning against Him.
---------------------------------------

Biblical love = Charity

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels,
and have not Charity,
I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy,
and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge;
and though I have faith, so that I could remove mountains,
and have not Charity, I am NOTHING.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor,
and though I give my body to be burned,
and have not Charity, it profiteth me NOTHING.
Charity suffereth long, and is kind;
Charity envieth not; Charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
Doth not behave itself unseemly,
seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

Rejoiceth not in iniquity,
but rejoiceth in truth;

Beareth all things, believeth all things,
hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Charity NEVER faileth:
but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail;
whether there be tongues, they shall cease;
whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
.
.
.
.
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three;
but the greatest of these is Charity.
(I Corinthians 13)

Relationships based upon emotions fail,
but those based on true Biblical love will NEVER fail.

Herein is love, not that we loved God,
but that He loved us,
and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
(I John 4:10)
Pictures happily taken by: Ariana
Thoughts by: Momma

7 comments:

The Brockett Bunch said...

Oh Ariana, those are beautiful pictures, God's creation is amazingly wonderful,I love sunsets especially!!!
The chapter 1 Corinthians 13 is what our family memorized recently so that was neat to see.
Hillary

The Stricklen Family said...

Beautiful pictures, Ariana! I can't believe you took all of those. Great job!
Thanks for the encouragement :)

Love,
Mrs. Stricklen

The Huron Family said...

I love the new "Look"! Really great pics too!=)
I had fun yesterday....already wanting another round of fun...=)

Love you,

Liv...(the second)

Kitty said...

Oh what a good post!! :) I loved it! Beautiful photography. The pictures matched the verses nicely. :)

Love,
~Kitty~

Anita said...

Love the new background....and the pictures. =)

Another Beautiful Day said...

Hello Pollocks,
Loved catching up with you all!! Happy Birthday!!! What fun the ladies night looked. I miss those times Tina. We love and miss you all.

The Lains

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.