Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pears

Pears are in season.Granny has a wonderful pear tree that produces an abundance
of this delicious fruit.
What shall we make first?James, our diligent slicer. Notice his tongue sticking out.
I'm tellin ya, he can't concentrate without it.

Looks like Pear Cobbler.
Mmm, mmm.
Trying to resemble their artwork :)
Pretty close I think.
Now, what do we do with the pears?

Can them, of course.

Our diligent peeler.....

When he's not making artwork.

Why do I have a table that seats 12 and 2 work tables?
So they can work on the floor, that's why.

It's not where you do the work,
it's enjoying who your working with.
Ariana's Art.

6 comments:

The Huron Family said...

WOW!! Those pears look good!
Our neighbor has a pear tree, and this year we were able to enjoy some! We didn't can any...we're not that talented...=)
I love the art work Thomas...and Ariana, you looked exactly like the pear...or is it the pear looks like you?...whatever...
If it's more fun on the floor, Go for It! I'm glad you had fun.

Blessings,
Livy

The Stricklen Family said...

Those pears look so good! I LOVE pear preserves (did you make any?)
Our trees are producing nicely, but it will be several years before we get that many. What a blessing from the Lord!

Love,
Mrs. Stricklen

Pollock Family said...

Mrs. Stricklen,
We made 36 jars of Pear Preserves last night, but we don't have the pics downloaded yet. That's momma's favorite preserves and she only had one jar left from last year.

The Huron Family said...

Oh-my-goodness!! 36 jars of preserves?!! That's a lot of pears!
(The Lord has provided for His children Again!)

Livy

The Stricklen Family said...

She had better save me a jar! My children (and maybe me) will be at the tea party tomorrow (hint, hint!)

Mrs. Stricklen

The Miller Family said...

Yum yum! Where did you get the pears??

I'm always impressed and encouraged by the industriousness of the Pollocks!

Love,
Katie