Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Oh, The Joys of Farm Life

The snake we let go last week to catch the field mice,

wanted a little change on the menu.......

as in "Chicken"!. Two, to be exact.

Ariana, our chicken keeper, is NOT happy!!


I don't think she's gonna be so forgiving this time in letting him go.

Don't blame her.

Homeschool science lesson.



I'M NOT HAPPY!!!


----------------------


Pure Joy



The bed garden is coming along nicely.


Very Nicely.


Fried Green Tomatoes, mmm, mmmm.


Juicy (Iced cold) Melon on a hot day, mmmm, mmmm.

Peppers to spice things up, mmm, mmmm.


My dream of a bed garden is coming true.

Soooo happy!!


Herbs for seasoning, salve, flavoring and medicine.



Almost finished....


I will be glad and rejoice in thee:

I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.

Psalm 9:2

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh I love your raised garden!! Very pretty and useful-looking. :)

Haha. Love the pics of the snake-keeper.

Miss y'all!
Love,
Sarah

kwygant said...

I love, love, love your garden, Tina! You'll be much inspiration for us when we move things along here...eventually :)

Unknown said...

Mrs. P, you are one gorgeous lady! Love your garden!!! :) AND I HATE SNAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abigail said...

Y'all's garden is GORGEOUS! :) So sorry about the chickens. Snakes are such evil things. :P Love y'all!

Abby~

The Stricklen Family said...

How beautiful, Tina!! I'm SOOOOO happy for you!

Can't wait to come see it in person!!!
Love y'all!
Molly

Mrs. Stokesies said...

Wow!! I'm impressed! Actually I had to look to see if I was on the Stricklen's blog. That Pollock backyard is lookin fine:) I'll have to come down and borrow some of yer herbs. Ariana,all I can say is I am soooo glad I didn't come upon that chicken eatin reptile.ewww You crazy girly....Nice job:)