Saturday, May 30, 2009

BLACKBERRIES :)



We love the wild and we LOVE what grows in the wild, like these "oh so good" blackberries.


This year the crop was very minimal due to the fact that it hadn't rained in months, but there was enough for a few cobblers and jars of preserves.




Black Gold




I LOVE YOU !!!


(Can you guess who this is?)


"Oh, this isn't for me, I'm already sweet enough, it's for the blackberries"


Just thought I'd let you know that in case you were wondering:) If you could smell what I'm smelling and taste what I'm tasting you would........



Into the jars it goes and maybe a little in the mouth, cause that's what all cooks are supposed to do or so I was told.



Preciseness


We wouldn't want to waste, now would we?




Duct tape works for everything around our house.

WHAT!!!


Is that the all the blackberries?!?! NOOOOOOO


(Don't know what C is doing)

I'll trade you a piece of yellow gold for a jar of black gold.



Pleeeease, Don't take a picture NOW!!!

(I just know she's gonna put this picture on the blog!)

Happiness is what THIS smile is made of :)

Your all invited to breakfast for some homemade bisquits and blackberry preserves.


See ya in the mornin.

11 comments:

The Brockett Bunch said...

Y'all tell me what time breakfast is and I will be right over!!
That looks so delicious, I can't wait until our blackberries are ready to pick.
I especially like the pic of Christy.
Enjoy the tasty tastiness of those berries!!!
Hills bury dough girl

AuntMary said...

This is your neighborhood theater announcing
the snack for our next movie night will be..............
Hot bisquits
smothered in
Pollock blackberry preserves.

Yum Yum!!

I have a name for your duct taped untensil,
a Hillbilly Berry Basher!

Pollock Family said...

Hills,
Breakfast will be served when you get here if we don't pass out first:)

Aunt Mary,
Are you calling us a bunch of Hillbillies? O.K., we'll accept that(gladly), except I wish there were hills and cool weather to go along with the name, if ya know what I mean.

The Graves Family said...

Not fair...we've given you strawberries...where are our blackberries!!!???
We will expect our jar on Sunday!!
Love, Tracy

juli said...

Mmmmm...I'm jealous! I love blackberries! Enjoy 'em!

Ashley Sebo said...

Yum! For sure...the fruits of your labors look delicious!

Have a great week!

Btw, who posts on here, most often?

Nice job....

Pollock Family said...

Dearest Tracy,
You'll just have to come for breakfast or to Aunt Marys (the neighborhood Theatre). I've heard that's the only place you can get this black gold. I think the next showing is a double feature, one of the showings being "A Man Called Peter".

The Miller Family said...

I love blackberries! We didn't pick any here last year, but we have some good picking sites scoped out, and are just waiting for them to ripen. The locals say it's supposed to be a bumper crop this year.
I hope they're right!

The jam looks so good I almost licked the monitor!

Mrs. Miller

Pollock Family said...

Ashley, Usually whoever does the posting puts their name at the bottom except for me (momma). I apparantly haven't learned that rule yet. Thanks a bunch for the comment.

Kati, You're too funny. I'm a visual, so it's actually REAL funny to me!! So, bumper crops this year huh? When is your picking season. We're always looking for an excuse to take a road trip:)

Java

The Stricklen Family said...

Those blackberries DO look wonderful! We picked some recently at Mama and Daddy's "Enchanted Forest". We have some growing ourselves now.
The girls' pictures are always so funny and your captions too, Tina!
I know there is not enough jam to go around, so we will have to make our own!

Love ya!
Molly

Pollock Family said...

Juli, We'll enjoy some for you, too:)

Molly, you're right. Allot of "painful" work for a little amount of fruit, but that little amount is sure worth it. Have fun jamming.

Mrs. P, Tina, Momma, Java
(Sometimes I don't know what I'm supposed to be called)